US-India military pact will negatively affect strategic stability in South Asia: FO



 ISLAMABAD:

Pakistan has termed a pact signed between United States and India to share sensitive satellite and map data on Tuesday as a development with serious repercussions for peace and stability in South Asia.

US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, while signing the US-India Basic Exchange and Cooperation Agreement (BECA) on sharing of geospatial information earlier in the day, had warned of the threat posed by an "increasingly assertive China".

Taking notice of the military agreement, Pakistan’s Foreign Office in a statement said that Islamabad has been consistently highlighting the threats posed to strategic stability in South Asia as a result of provision of advanced military hardware, technologies and knowledge to India.

follow me follow me follow me follow me follow me follow me follow me follow me follow me follow me follow me follow me follow me follow me follow me follow me follow me follow me follow me follow me follow me follow me follow me follow me follow me follow me follow me follow me follow me follow me follow me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fayyaz Chohan removed as Punjab information minister, again

Senate session prorogued sine die amid protests

Fauci disagrees with Trump on virus, says statistics are disturbing